From June 1st, the Government started re-opening the economy gradually with ‘Unlock 1.0’. But before that, in the last 2 months, during the lockdown, since a lot of activities were shut, you must have saved a lot of money on discretionary spending. Some of these include:
- Eating out: As all restaurants were closed for almost 2 months during the lockdown, you must have saved a lot of money as you did not have an option to dine out with your family, friends, colleagues, etc.
- Movies and entertainment: As the malls and all other entertainment centres were categorised under non-essential services and ordered to remain closed, you must have missed your favourite movies and other entertainment. But in the bargain, you saved money.
- Garments: As you stayed at home during the lockdown, you did not feel the need to buy new garments and thus saved a certain percentage of your monthly budget.
- Fuel expenses: Most of us were required to work from home, resulting in savings on fuel expenses on work-related travel.
- Vacations: Covid-19 struck us during summer which is also prime vacation time for most families. As most modes of travel like flights, trains, buses were closed and hotels were also closed, there was no question of taking vacations, thus resulting in huge savings.
Overall, a lot of people saved a lot of money on most of the above discretionary spending.
How to utilise savings sensibly
Now that the economy is opening up gradually, you can put your savings, during the lockdown, to some good use. During the lockdown, many companies lost a lot of business, hence they are now coming out with a lot of good offers to get their customers back. For example, a lot of fashion retailers (online as well as offline) are coming out with sale offers wherein they are offering mouth-watering discounts of up to 80%. You can club these sale discount offers with BOGO / direct discounts offers on Gift Vouchers to make the most of your lockdown savings.
BOGO / direct discount offers on fashion Gift Vouchers
Buy One Get One (BOGO) offers: You can enjoy BOGO offers on Gift Vouchers of a lot of fashion brands bought from the HDFC SmartBuy website. Some of these include:
- Myntra Gift Vouchers: When you buy Myntra Gift Vouchers from the HDFC SmartBuy website, you will get a free Myntra promo code. The promo code entitles you to a flat 10% discount up to Rs. 500 on a minimum spend of Rs. 2000 on select styles on Myntra.
- Central Gift Vouchers: When you buy Central Gift Vouchers, you will get a free Skullcandy promo code. The promo code gives you a flat Rs. 2000 discount on Skullcandy Sesh bought from Skullcandy.in
- Shoppers Stop Gift Vouchers: The Shoppers Stop Gift Vouchers come with a free Croma promo code. The promo code gives you a flat discount of Rs. 500 on purchase of Rs. 10,000 from the Croma website.
- Westside Gift Vouchers: The Westside Gift Vouchers comes with a free Blaupunkt promo code. The promo code gives you a flat discount of Rs. 500 on the purchase of TWS, soundbars, and party speakers.
- Amazon Gift Vouchers: The Amazon Gift Card comes with a free The Man Company promo code.
Apart from BOGO offers on some brands, HDFC SmartBuy is also offering a direct discount of up to 20% on some fashion brands.
Direct discount offers
- Gini and Jony Gift Vouchers: You will get a flat 20% discount on Gini and Jony Gift Vouchers bought from the HDFC SmartBuy website. Gini and Jony has the best clothing collection for children in the age group 0-16 years in bold prints, forms, textures, and trendy silhouettes.
- Puma Gift Vouchers: You will get a flat 15% discount on Puma Gift Vouchers. If sports is your lifestyle, then Puma merchandise can transform and empower you.
- Aurelia Gift Vouchers: Aurelia Gift Vouchers come with a 20% discount. We understand that you are bored sitting at home during the lockdown. It is time to give yourself a much-needed makeover with Aurelia’s broad range of kurtis, palazzos, suits, and bottom wear.
- Allen Solly Gift Vouchers: When you buy Allen Solly Gift Vouchers, you will get a flat 10% discount. With ‘Unlock 1.0’, you can re-join your office. To uplift your fashion quotient, you can wear Allen Solly suits and other formal range to office.
Save up to 33% extra with HDFC Bank credit cards
When you buy Gift Vouchers from the HDFC SmartBuy website, along with BOGO / direct discount offers, you can also get savings of up to 33% with HDFC Bank credit cards.
|HDFC Bank card name||Regular reward points on every Rs. 150 spent||10X reward points on every Rs. 150 spent||Value of each point||% saving||Maximum monthly points cap on SmartBuy 10X|
|Diners Club Black||5||50||Re. 1||33%||7,500|
Other HDFC Bank credit cards and debit cards will be eligible for 5% cashback. The cashback will be subject to a maximum of Rs. 2000 per month for Regalia / Diners Privilege Credit cards and Rs. 1000 per month for other credit cards.
Triple bonanza with Gift Vouchers bought from HDFC SmartBuy website
When you buy Gift Vouchers from the HDFC SmartBuy website, you get the benefit of the following triple bonanza:
- BOGO offer or up to 20% direct discount
- Savings of up to 33% with HDFC Bank credit cards
- Sale discount of up to 80% from the merchant at the time of voucher usage
Enjoy your shopping along with following Government guidelines
You can use Gift Vouchers during a sale. You can order your favourite fashion products either online or offline. If you are not comfortable moving out right now, due to the Covid-19 situation, then you can order online through Myntra. The products will be delivered to your doorstep. If you are comfortable moving out, then make sure you wear your mask, maintain social distancing, and follow all other Government guidelines. The idea is to make the best use of your lockdown savings with sale offers clubbed with BOGO/discount offers on Gift Vouchers and up to 33% savings on HDFC Bank credit cards. But at the same time, you need to ensure your safety and that of your loved ones. We wish you happy and safe shopping!